- 250 word response over how The Kite Runner answers thematic questions
- Major Works Data Sheet for The Kite Runner on Monday
- Friday is our first in-class essay
Alice Walker with flowers on her head :)
- Turned in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest MWDS
- Quick write on Coming of Age
- Discussion of Coming of Age theme
- Came up with Essential Questions for Coming of Age Theme (questions we will try to answer, try to contemplate throughout the quarter)
- Read "The Flowers" by Alice Walker out loud
- Students had time to reread and annotate "The Flowers"
- Wicked Word Wall Quiz #1
- Finish annotating "The Flowers"
- Questions over last page of MWDS
- Short MLA discussion (websites)
- Discuss Response Papers
- Hand out Example of Response Papers
-Remember to put in MLA format & third person
- Thematic Discussion & Quick Write: what does it mean to grow up? What does it mean to be an adult? What does it mean to be a child? How do people approach the journey of growing up? Is it a quest?
- Discuss examples from literature that could be considered “coming of age stories”
- Are coming of age stories ALWAYS about children growing up…could it be adults as well? Examples?
- Due Tomorrow: MWDS on One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- Due Tomorrow: 200 response on Website over how The Kite Runner answers thematic questions (if something happens (you can’t log on) just print it out in MLA for class on Thursday)
- Friday: WWW Quiz (35 Points)
- Went over the Major Works Data Sheets
- Specifically went over Title, Author, Date of Publication, Genre, Biography, Historical Context, Characteristics of Genre, Plot, Style
- Discussed Plot (Exposition, Inciting Incident, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, and Resolution/Denouement)
- Attempt Title, Author, Date of Publication, Genre, Biography, Historical Context, Characteristics of Genre, Plot, and Style sections of Major Works Data Sheets for One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
- Please remember to site your sources
- Here is a link to the Major Works Data Sheet that you can simply fill in